Whether you are ready for something new or can't let go of your VW model, we'll walk you through preparing for the Lease-End Process.
- Turn in your VW vehicle
The following steps will help you complete your current lease:
- Review the condition of your vehicle using our detailed Wear & Use Guide.
- Schedule your vehicle inspection.
- Turn in your vehicle to your VW dealer.
- Purchase your VW vehicle
Not ready to let go of your current VW model? No problem. Here's what to do if you'd like to purchase your current vehicle.
- Contact your VW dealer to receive payoff instructions.
- Consider our financing and Volkswagen Drive Easy Vehicle Protection options.
- Follow instructions provided by your Volkswagen dealer to complete your purchase.
If you choose to lease or purchase a new VW, go to your dealer's website to find your next model and schedule a test drive.
Wear & Use Review
While some wear and use are expected, our Wear & Use Guide helps make conducting your own self-inspection easy. We'll help you evaluate "normal" versus "excess" wear and use to determine what you can expect on turn-in day.
- Interior Normal Wear & Use
- All original equipment present, including the owner's manual, all sets of keys, airbags, CD player, navigation CDs, and the convertible top cover (if applicable).
- All speakers are intact and working.
- Interior Excess Wear & Use
- Upholstery holes, tears, burns, or singes.
- Excessive staining of the upholstery, carpet, or interior panels.
- Scratched, damaged, or blown speakers.
- Exterior Normal Wear & Use
- Dents, chips, and scratches smaller than two inches on bumper or panel.
- Single windshield chip without spidering.
- Fewer than three "dings" per panel.
- Exterior Excess Wear & Use
- Scratches, dents, gouges, and chips larger than two inches on bumper or panel.
- Chipped, cracked, or heavily pitted glass, or improperly tinted windows.
- Improperly completed body repairs (i.e., mismatched paint, sanding marks, and incomplete dent removals).
- More than three "dings" per panel (a ding is the size of a quarter or smaller, without broken paint).
Schedule Your Vehicle Inspection
- Inspection Process
- Call your dealer to schedule a vehicle inspection.
- Once completed you will receive an inspection condition report itemizing any excess wear.
- Excess wear will be billed on your Turn-In Settlement Invoice (unless you choose to repair the items prior to turn-in).